With a highly successful track record, our expert grant writers have raised more than $525 million in competitive grant funding from government and foundation sources. We write grants on behalf of our clients that provide direct services to children, youth, families, and communities.
Metis brings in-depth content expertise in several service domains. These include P-12 education, college access and success, and neighborhood revitalization, among others. Through a collaborative approach, Metis staff members become deeply familiar with client organizations, advising them on grant-seeking and helping them to articulate their needs to funders.
Grant Writing Services
We offer a full continuum of grant writing and technical assistance services customized to the needs of our clients, including:
- Grant-specific needs assessment activities to help identify and substantiate grant priorities through such methods as focus groups, surveys, and secondary data collection and analysis
- Best practice literature reviews to help inform the program planning and development process and to summarize evidence of research-informed approaches
- Grant review services to help strengthen client-written grant proposals
- Program evaluation plans that leverage our considerable program evaluation skillset and give our clients a competitive edge in the grant-seeking process, including logic model development, theory of change approaches, and rigorous impact evaluations
- Full grant application package development to provide clients with “soup-to-nuts” grant writing support, including the development of proposal narratives, budgets and budget narratives, and supplementary materials
- Grants training programs to help our clients develop winning grants on their own, including beginning and advanced grant-writing and interactive workshops, and webinars on grant-related topics
Let Metis Associates Help with Your Next Grant Writing Project.
For additional information about Metis’s grant writing services, please contact Marilyn Zlotnik.
Grant Writing Case Studies
Using Magnet Programs to Fight School Desegregation
In 25 years, in over 25 districts, we have helped develop magnet school programs in support of court-ordered and voluntary desegregation plans. We raised well above $236 million in government grant funding to support these plans.
Bringing Promise to Camden, New Jersey
Metis grant writers won over $30 million to help a broad coalition of cross-sector partners transform one of the most challenged cities in the US into a place of opportunity and promise.
What Our Clients Say
Metis is a first-rate company with highly professional staff and proven results. On our last federal grant proposal, they guided us through the process with expert advice and thoughtful insights from their years of experience, all of which helped us to develop a meaningful and impactful program and a winning proposal.Cory Cotto, Former Director of Operations and Development, Center for Educational Innovation