Working within a positive youth development framework, we help our clients to assess both implementation and outcomes for participating young people. Within our evaluations, we emphasize youth voice using authentic and participatory engagement strategies, such as evaluation training and continuous feedback activities. We view young people as experts on their own experiences and engage them as critical members of the research team.
For groups that provide youth-development services, we offer expertise with:
- Program development and grant writing
- Data management and support
- Fidelity and quality of implementation
- Performance measurement
- Continuous quality improvement
- Authentic youth and community engagement
- Logic model and theory of change development
- Social-emotional learning assessment
- Cross-sector partnership development
We Work With…
- Schools and School Districts
- Community-Based Nonprofits
- National and Local Youth-Development Agencies
- National Foundations
Our Expertise Includes…
- Out-of-School Time Programs
- Teenage Pregnancy Prevention
- Adolescent Sexual Health Education
- Youth Financial Empowerment
- Alternative Pathways to High School Graduation
- Youth Leadership Development
- Violence and Substance Abuse Prevention
Let Metis Associates Help with Your Next Youth Development Project.
For additional information about Metis’s Youth Development services, please contact Donna Tapper.
Youth Development Case Studies
The premier leadership organization for girls in New York City uses summer camp to develop girls’ social-emotional learning skills.
Metis researchers help a Brooklyn-based nonprofit contribute to the knowledge base about what works in alternative pathways to high school graduation.