Working closely with our arts clients, we tailor our services based on stages of program implementation, evaluation readiness, available resources, and other conditions. We help arts organizations secure external funding, strengthen implementation, track outcomes, and grow a body of evidence for their work.
In our arts education and engagement consulting practice we:
- Write grants to secure funding for program implementation, expansion, or replication
- Assess students’ and adults’ social-emotional learning and development
- Evaluate federally- and locally-funded arts education programs
- Examine audience engagement
- Develop content-based and skills-based arts assessments to measure student learning
- Identify strengths and gaps in arts education programming
- Design and implement rigorous impact studies of arts education initiatives
We Work With…
- National and Local Cultural Arts Institutions (Museums, Performing Arts Centers, Community-Based Arts Organizations)
- Schools and School Districts
- Out-of-School-Time Arts Providers
- Professional Development Providers
Our Expertise Includes…
- Four Major Arts Disciplines: Dance, Music, Theater, Visual Arts
- Social-Emotional Learning, Habits of Mind, and 21st Century Skills
- Content and Skills-Based Arts Assessments
- Arts-Integration, including STEAM
- Audience Response and Engagement
Let Metis Associates Help with Your Next Arts Education and Engagement Project.
For additional information about Metis’s Arts Education and Engagement services, please contact Dr. Susanne Harnett.
Arts Education and Engagement Case Studies
Planning For The Next Phase Of Music Makes Us® In Music City
An in-depth needs analysis helps Nashville partners bring high-quality music instruction to scale.
Using Theater to Address Complex Social Issues
A theater-based approach helps to address complex and critical community issues. Metis evaluation shows promising results in developing new partnerships and engaging audience members in authentic topical discussions.
What Our Clients Say
Our district leaders, teachers, and partners agree that Metis provides the customer service and quality work that is necessary for a large urban school district to effect positive change through research and evaluation.Jeff Smith, Director of Visual and Performing Arts, Metro Nashville Public Schools