Metis Associates is a New York City-based national consulting firm that delivers highly customized research and evaluation, grant writing, and data management services. We have over four decades of experience providing data-informed solutions across the social service sector. We support our client’s missions and pridefully build their capacity with our knowledge, skills, and technical expertise.
The Research Associate will be a member of a team of researchers, program evaluators, statisticians, and grant writers. They will work on diverse projects in education (e.g., afterschool and summer programs, magnet schools, arts education, and community schools) and various family and community support initiatives.
This full-time hybrid position requires two days a week in our lower-Manhattan office. The responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage research projects and program evaluations, including resource and budget management
- Supervise and mentor early-career research staff
- Develop high-quality data collection tools (e.g., surveys and interview protocols)
- Conduct primary data collection (e.g., focus groups and interviews)
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Write reports, create research briefs or data snapshots, and design/create infographics and other data visualizations
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred; a bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required and in Spanish preferred
- Strong knowledge of statistics, SPSS, and Excel
- Skilled in data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Canva)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and work overtime when needed
Compensation & Work Requirements
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Background check
- New York City Department of Education fingerprinting
How to Apply
Email our Human Resources Administrator a letter of interest and a résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metis Associates employs a diverse staff to comply with the law and because we value, seek out, and learn from people’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and minority candidates are strongly urged to apply