Metis Associates is a national consulting firm based in New York City that delivers highly customized research and evaluation, grant writing, and data management with the mission to support public and private organizations in achieving positive results for the children, adults, families, and the communities they serve. For more than four decades, Metis has provided data-informed solutions across the social service sector, specializing in public education. We highly value our client relationships and are driven by a deep commitment to ensuring excellence in the services we provide. Our work is grounded with the core values of:
- Social Justice: We believe in our clients’ missions and join them in working toward diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Diverse Perspectives: We value, seek out, and learn from people’s varying perspectives and lived experiences.
- Relationship Longevity: We nurture strong, collegial, and long-lasting collaborations with our clients, partners, and each other.
- Integrity: We aim for mutual accountability, respect, and trust as the basis for our interactions with each other and with our clients.
- Flexibility: We are highly adaptive to the needs and priorities of our clients and our staff.
- High Quality Work: We bring in-depth knowledge, rigorous technical expertise, and thought leadership to our projects.
- Growth-Producing Environment: We foster a workplace environment that supports ongoing learning and professional development.
- Innovation: We strive to cultivate fresh and creative approaches to our products and services.
About the Position
We are looking for a full-time Research Assistant located on the West Coast (Bay Area preferred) to become a member of a team of researchers who work together on a diverse portfolio of projects designed to improve equity of access to high-quality programs in education and human services. Projects address a range of topics, including school integration and choice, college and career access, STEM education, youth development, afterschool programming, community schools, and school climate transformation, among others. Our new team member will work directly with experienced staff located in the Oakland area on a variety of projects in California, Oregon, Washington State, and Nevada and will support our New York-based team with projects across the country. This individual should be committed to our mission, open to new experiences, interested in working on multiple projects at a time, and excited to work independently and as an active member of a dynamic team.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Preparing qualitative and quantitative data for analyses, including data cleaning and coding
- Analyzing and summarizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Collecting, reviewing, and synthesizing program documentation
- Presenting data using graphic and tabular displays, including data visualization techniques
- Supporting and conducting focus group interviews with a variety of program stakeholders and participants
- Conducting observations of program activities
- Preparing literature reviews
- Assisting the development of instruments such as interview protocols and surveys and creating online versions using Qualtrics and Survey Monkey
- Assisting in the preparation of evaluation reports and proposals
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
- Participating in project and team meetings, company huddles and meetings, and professional learning sessions
- Work schedule: Full-time at 40 hours per week
- Some domestic travel will be required to conduct fieldwork and client meetings or attend conferences, depending on project requirements and needs. Travel is not expected to exceed 15-20% of annual time
- Background check and CITI human subjects research certification will be required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a targeted field (Psychology, Sociology, Public Policy, or related social science field)
- Minimum of one year of successful work experience in a research or evaluation setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Strong knowledge of statistics, SPSS, and Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and work overtime when needed
What We Offer
Compensation: $50,000-$55,000 annually, depending on experience and qualification AND
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and 401K benefits
- Annual paid time off days: 18 personal/vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 designated holidays, 3 discretionary holidays
How to Apply
Email a letter of interest and a résumé to our Human Resources Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website to learn about our work, clients, and our team.
Metis Associates employs a diverse staff to comply with the law and because we value, seek out, and learn from people’s varying perspectives and lived experiences. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and minority candidates are strongly urged to apply