Metis Associates is a national consulting firm based in New York City that delivers highly customized research and evaluation, grant writing, and data management with the mission to support public and private organizations in achieving positive results for the children, adults, families, and the communities they serve. For more than four decades, Metis has provided data-informed solutions across the social service sector, specializing in public education. We highly value our client relationships and are driven by a deep commitment to ensuring excellence in the services we provide. Our work is grounded with the core values of:
- Social Justice: We believe in our clients’ missions and join them in working toward diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Diverse Perspectives: We value, seek out, and learn from people’s varying perspectives and lived experiences.
- Relationship Longevity: We nurture strong, collegial, and long-lasting collaborations with our clients, partners, and each other.
- Integrity: We aim for mutual accountability, respect, and trust as the basis for our interactions with each other and with our clients.
- Flexibility: We are highly adaptive to the needs and priorities of our clients and our staff.
- High Quality Work: We bring in-depth knowledge, rigorous technical expertise, and thought leadership to our projects.
- Growth-Producing Environment: We foster a workplace environment that supports ongoing learning and professional development.
- Innovation: We strive to cultivate fresh and creative approaches to our products and services.
About the Position
We are looking for a full-time Education Research Associate to become a member of a team of researchers who work together on a portfolio of projects designed to improve equity of access to high-quality programs in education, with a specific focus on school integration, magnet programs, and school choice. This individual should be committed to our mission, open to new experiences, interested in working on multiple projects at a time, and excited to work independently and as an active member of a dynamic team.
This is a fully remote position (or hybrid if the candidate is in the NYC area) and will include work on projects across the U.S., including approximately 30% on projects in New York City, 30% on projects in the Raleigh, North Carolina area, and 40% on projects in other areas of the country. Additionally, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Managing research projects and program evaluations, including resource and budget management (using Projector PSA)
- Supervise and mentor early-career research staff
- Develop high-quality data collection tools (e.g., surveys and interview protocols)
- Conduct primary data collection (e.g., focus group, interviews, and program observations)
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data
- Write reports, create research brief or data snapshots, and design/create infographics or other data visualizations
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
- Participating in project and team meetings, company huddles and meetings, and professional learning sessions.
- Work schedule: Full-time at 40 hours per week
- Some domestic travel will be required to conduct fieldwork and client meetings or attend conferences, depending on project requirements and needs.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience (specifically in K-12 education evaluation)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred; a bachelor’s degree required
- Project management experience, including supervision of staff and budget management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required (and Spanish is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of statistics, SPSS, and Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when needed
What We Offer
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000, depending on experience and qualification AND
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and 401K benefits
- Annual paid time off days: 18 personal/vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 designated holidays, 3 discretionary holidays
How to Apply
To apply for this position go to Metis Associates open positions on Indeed.com
Visit our website to learn about our work, clients, and our team.
Metis Associates employs a diverse staff to comply with the law and because we value, seek out, and learn from people’s varying perspectives and lived experiences. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and minority candidates are strongly urged to apply